Galway County Council
Co. Galway, Ireland
The original convent terrace group, consisting of three houses circa 1850, a lower two-bay house circa 1860, and the attached chapel, are individually listed as protected structures in the Galway County Council Development plan.
The new development accommodates the library and ancillary uses within the ground floor of the terrace. The chapel space on the first floor level is used as a public gallery / function space connected to the terrace by a new purpose-built linking structure. Part of the east end of the terrace at ground floor and the two upper floors of the terrace buildings have been developed for office and ancillary uses.