2004 Environmental Management Policy
Environmentally responsible design strategies have always been part of our design philosophy, yet we continue to raise the bar. In December 2008 Scott Tallon Walker Architects were the first architectural practice in Ireland to be awarded Stage One certification for their Environmental Management System [EMS] compliance with ISO 14001:2004. We are implementing ISO 14001 across our design responsibility aswell as our office management.
We identifiy how our company’s design decisions impact on the environment from feasibility to completion and what our legislative responsibilities are. Our EMS involves the creation of project specific objectives for improvement and, most importantly, a management programme to achieve them, with a regular review process, driving continual improvement.
Scott Tallon Walker are committed to:
- ensuring this policy is appropriate to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our activities, products and services.
- continual improvement and the prevention of pollution.
- compliance with all applicable legal requirements and other environmental requirements, to which we subscribe.
- periodic review of our environmental objectives and targets.
- documenting, implementing and maintaining our environmental management system, in accordance with the requirements of Irish Standard IS EN ISO 14001: 2004.
- communicating this policy to all persons working for or on our behalf, ensuring this policy is available to the public.
This policy shall be upheld as an integral part of the day to day running of our business. We have set in place an internal system that fully reflects this policy. This system provides information and procedures for all personnel to follow.