Scott Tallon Walker Architects has been involved in conservation and architectural intervention works since its inception in 1928. We are a registered practice under the RIAI Accreditation Scheme for Conservation Architects and Practices, and carry out all our work on Protected Structures under the direction of our in-house accredited conservation architects, in compliance with the provisions of the ICOMOS Charters.
We have been the architects responsible for the ongoing protection, conservation and refurbishment of many Protected Structures of National Importance.
In addition we have placed carefully designed award winning modern structures adjacent to, attached to, and within Protected Structures, including a new community centre beside St Paul’s Church, Glenageary , Co. Dublin, (2007 RIAI Public Building Award - Highly Commended), the redevelopment of a disused warehouse building into modern offices at the Webworks in Cork, sponsored by Enterprise Ireland , and conservation, alteration and extension of the old powder stores on the Corrib River at Aras na Mac Leinn in NUI, Galway to create the new theatre, sports centre and Student's Union complex.
On St. Stephen’s Green in Dublin, we inserted the Lisney building into a Georgian terrace, winning a ‘Europe Nostra’ award for conservation.
In more recent times, several of our buildings have been designated Protected Structures. In addition, we have been subsequently appointed conservation architects as well as overall architects for the extension of the Bank of Ireland headquarters building in Dublin’s Baggot Street, and for the conversion of the Carroll’s Cigarette Factory in Dundalk to Higher Education / Further Education lecture theatres, workshops and student facilities for Dundalk Institute of Technology.
In summary, Scott Tallon Walker rises admirably to the challenges of working on Protected Structures, and our skills and our respect for the workmanship of our forebears has enabled us to breathe new life into our shared built heritage.